[Help Needed] - Simple Website Game

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by TheBrokenAce, Aug 1, 2017.

1. TheBrokenAce

TheBrokenAce New Member

Hey guys, apologies if this is in the wrong place, I'm new here.

I am looking to create a website game that is similar to a site like either.io. The difference is that I need one question to appear to all 'players' who visit the website requiring a solution to the problem. Once any player who is on the website enters the correct text in the answer box, the next problem will come up on screen and the process can repeat infinitely. As players get the right solution, they will earn points and I can implement leaderboards etc. So effectively, everyone will be competing to be the first to solve the problem.

I'm very new to game development so would just appreciate being put in the right direction on how to achieve something like this, what programs to use etc. as after hours of doing my own research, I have come up with very little.

Very much appreciate any ideas!
    Cheers :)

2. 3ph0r

Hi there!

This "game" can be made just using plain html, css and js but it would probably require a database.

Use something like notepad++ for editing html, css and js.
    as for the database you can set up a server on your pc using wampserver to host the database and then use php/sql to implement it.

you will need a database for storing player data like top scores etc. It can also be used for storing the problems and its answers so that you can check whether the play answered correctly.

Hope with helps and wasn't too confusing :)