Marketing for Indie Games

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by IndiEire Games, Aug 4, 2017.

1. IndiEire Games

IndiEire Games New Member

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any luck or some ideas with marketing their games/apps? I have been doing the usual social media campaigns on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram etc and trying to think of others ways of going about it.

Thanks

2. CausticRuss

CausticRuss New Member

Here there,

A few things you could do if haven't already done so:
    • Blogging/guest blogging
    • Email lists
    • Facebook Ads
    • Retargeting
    • Community groups: LinkedIn,Quora,Reddit etc
    • Visit Small Business Networking Events
    • Google AdWords
    • LinkedIn Ads
    • Twitter Ads
    Let me know if you which to know more.

3. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Constantly promote your game & site. I'm curious about what you do but there's no link that would let me see!

4. FreakoutGames

FreakoutGames New Member

Hello
    CausticRuss - Can you give more idea about - what are the things that can be done in:
    • Blogging/guest blogging
    • Google AdWords
    • Retargeting

5. VRex7

VRex7 New Member

I also suggest reaching out to influencers on social media, offer them the game so they can play and share with their audience. If you're not already you can work with an indie PR agency to send out information on your game to the press for more coverage. You want to cast a large net with marketing and PR.

6. FreakoutGames

FreakoutGames New Member

Vrex7 - Can you suggest some social media influencers or other sources who can be useful to get in touch :)